Actually, the real question is wtf did you do Elon? Except tweet? Because that’s not cool either.
Holy shit y’all. Really, white folks? Really, y’all?
dis a good question too. cause if he kept his mouth shut, you complicit with them bitch ass white folks. Black women aint tryna rep for themselves all the got damn time. whattt?
i aint surprised about the white folk neither, they flip over Black women being alive, shit anything extra is just worse.
Not surprised at fucking all.
Ohhhh Strugg already said it! That was my very first thought. “Niqqa did you say something??????” Cuz unless he actually opened his mouth in her defense I give not nan fuck.
Yeah…no. LOL at people casually forgetting that sometimes IRL racism isn’t exactly easy to call out, esp in front of that many people, esp when you’re a public figure (and Elon is). I understand the whole “Black men oughta defend Black women” train of thought, I just don’t think it’s necessary applicable to this in the way y’all are saying. If he had stood up for her, great. But the fact that he didn’t doesn’t mean he betrayed her. Who said she would’ve wanted that anyway? And by spreading the story to his pretty large Twitter following and causing people to stop and interrogate their very racialized conceptions of propriety, has he not done more than he would’ve by simply telling the folks in the train that they’re out of line? Yes, again, that would’ve been ideal maybe, but Elon failing to do that doesn’t mean he was complicit in the white folks’ foolishness.
I’ve used my physical body to defend women and girls I don’t know. I’ve been physically and verbally attacked while men stood by, silent. But I’m supposed to give folks a pass cuz they Internet famous????
Fuck a reputation. Fuck it “being hard.” Can we not act like Black men never riskin shit for Black girls isn’t a pattern? I get that people freeze. That we don’t always intervene every time. But this is not just and isolated event we’re responding to. We know how it feels to watch Black men stay silent. How much it would’ve meant for someone just to say, “Are you ok?”
So no, I don’t care about how many ppl he reached by tweeting this girl’s story. I care about THAT GIRL having to shoulder racist misogyny BY HERSELF.
yea i really i have no sympathy for that it’s hard bullshit. because as someone who has been in some real fucking dangerous situations over calling that shit out and/or defending people, nah. cause he wasn’t the one in that situation, he was noticing someone else. someone tell me why we are getting laughed at again? cause fuck all that, liquor said it all basically.
yea i’m not really following the line of argument that because he’s famous or well known he gets a pass for the general discussion that has happened on tumblr about Black men who see Black women being harassed and don’t do shit. I mean personally I don’t have any expectation that he would say something. I don’t even think its required—I mean I think we already know in the system of anti-Black misogyny that no one is required to look out for Black women, if they were our lives would probably be very different. I guess people are upset about saying he’s complicit though like I seem to recall that we were all reblogging and givening kudos to campaigns of Black men who were saying stuff about how it’s their responsibility to end street harassment. So I’m not exactly sure how this situation doesn’t merit that same kind of scrutiny. I’m also not sure where anyone said that standing up for and to racism or anti-Black misogyny are easy or simple tasks. Like the suggestion that folks think that it is easy is insulting in my opinion.
^^^ thank you. cause we dumb as fuck now and don’t know how racism and standing up for racism works? or just tumblr warriors who only talk/experience this behind a computer? anyways, what bothers me about the whole thing most is just, the lack of empathy for the girl being discussed. like, i’m mad cause i am coming from how i would feel in her shoes (which obviously won’t be the same as her, but it’s a starting place). if i had known that after the event a well known Black man who discusses race on the internet and makes a career off of it posted about my experience but didn’t help me out during the incident, that would make me feel really used. and after already being treated like shit by white folks, what kind of message is that sending this young Black girl? like really. the same message so many of us have gotten young as shit. that we have to defend ourselves, that we have to choose when to pick our battles so we don’t experience violence, etc. and Black men with a little income in the quiet section of the amtrack are, i think this is reasonable to say, in less danger of violence and bodily harm for standing up for the young Black girl.
i think we obviously know it isn’t easy and it isn’t always safe to speak out against racism. but if you can process it and analyze it and comment on it and build a brand off it at this young Black girls expense, what the fuck is wrong with wanting to know what he did for her or what he does in general for Black girls/women when he is using their experiences in this manner? there is just tooooo much of that shit going on and yea, we gon call it out.
- wontbetelevised reblogged this from the-majestic-jc
- parisian-tiger reblogged this from legitraunchyness
- girlebony likes this
- theyoungerdaze reblogged this from ethiopienne
- nowherezone11 reblogged this from hamburgerjack
- mesooncome reblogged this from wontbetelevised
- littleainthecloset likes this
- yoshi3329 likes this
- hamburgerjack reblogged this from witchsistah
- odinsblog reblogged this from redkuba and added:
- my-opossum-is-awesome reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- my-opossum-is-awesome likes this
- thighabetic likes this
- profits-and-prophecy reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- king-wicked likes this
- tenliyad reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- tenliyad likes this
- indak likes this
- rolonda likes this
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from ethiopienne and added:
- searchingforknowledge reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- alwaysfaithfulterriblelizard likes this
- witchsistah reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- isitis reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- brownroundboi likes this
- gwest650 reblogged this from witchsistah
- everythingrhymeswithalcohol reblogged this from blaquerose
- galacticutie likes this
- gwest650 likes this
- blaquerose reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- coilsandstilettos reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- bitterseafigtree reblogged this from hamburgerjack
- espritfollet likes this
- fullofwoah likes this
- windupbirdchronicle likes this
- caseyrules likes this
- etjattends likes this
- dreadful-record-of-sin reblogged this from skyliting
- pop-rocks-blowjob likes this
- 36bsquad likes this
- kerka reblogged this from waka-baka-flame
- kittenssimply6 likes this
- higgylikes likes this
- wecanmakeittt-xo likes this
- oracorey likes this
- just-like-the-water likes this
- thempress reblogged this from kyssthis16
- asthedaysgobylifehappenss likes this
- ohmgi likes this
- dubmeister reblogged this from elonjames